Saturday, June 20, 2015

Busy Family Meals.....For those who are not great at cooking and have no time!

So one thing I have been trying to do and kind of failing at is finding meals to feed my family that are simple, and easy...The one thing I say about my life is that it is inconsistent...I never have a week where I work the same shift every day...I never have every weekend off....One day I'll be getting up and going to work at 5am in the morning and getting home around 2....The next day may be an 8:30 to 5 shift and the next a late shift.....This makes preparing meals hard!


One meal that my family likes that is real easy is Campfire Sloppy Joes......I'm not a big bread eater and so I put mine on plain bread, but you can use hamburger buns...Then I had some chips and potato salad too...

Here is the recipe
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 large clove garlic, minced ( you can use the already minced garlic from the jar)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 can (8oz) baked beans
6 kaiser rolls, split and warmed
shredded Cheddar Cheese
first brown ground beef, onion, bell pepper and garlic 6 to 8 minutes in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat.  Drain and discard excess fat. Transfer beef mixture to slow cooker.
second combine ketchup, barbecue sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and chili powder in a small bowl, add to slow cooker
third add the baked beans, stir well to combine. Cover;cook on High 3 hours.
when done place sloppy joe mixture on rolls and sprinkle with cheese.  makes 4 to 6 servings.
Enjoy...
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment