Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Vist to the Salt Lake City Library....Our First Summer Adventure

We have been in Utah for 4 years and haven't  explored very much of our surrounding area.... My husband and I tend to drive to work, drive home and then take our daughter to Karate.  This summer I hope to do day and weekend trips to new places...I'm tired of just working and not seeing what is around us...I also finally feel like I have energy and time to do these things.  The move across the country was a huge change, but now I'm ready for some adventure.  Our first outing this summer was to visit the Salt Lake City Library.  What a beautiful place.  This is photo of the inside of the building.
There are shops and little cafes inside the library.  It has tons of places to sit, relax and read....And for a book loving family who could ask for more???
My daughter after a few hours of reading in the Youth section...Mom they have tons of Manga books....I could stay forever... I had a great time reading through all the magazines....
We then walked 4 blocks to the City Creek Mall...Had a small snack at the Cheese Cake Factory...Their Milk Shakes are perfect!
Sitting in the shade watching the world walk by...and just relaxing on a day off...Could you ask for anything more?
We walked up to Temple Square and walked around the gardens at the Salt Lake Temple.  I'm always trying to get the perfect Temple Photo...I'm working on printing out my favorites to put around the house.  One of each season...
We window shopped and then walked back to the library....It was the perfect way to spend the day...I'm now starting to search for new adventures....If you are from this area and know of good places to visit let me know.. What adventures do you hope to take this Summer?
G.G.







No comments:

Post a Comment