Saturday, June 20, 2015

Sedum....New to the garden and a good drought resistant plant.....

The newest addition to my garden is Sedum...You can buy these blocks of plants at the store.  They are a type of ground cover that doesn't grow tall and doesn't need a lot of water.
I bought 3 trays of these plants to see how they do...What I didn't realize is that the tray has a bunch of different types of Sedum.  It will take me awhile to figure out what kinds I have.  What I like is that they are a type of Hardy Succulent and so they don't need much water.  If I had my way my lawn would have more of these plants than grass.
Along with the Sedum I have more hens and chickens...I keep trying to transplant the babies and get more but they seem to die...Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Hen's and chickens remind me of my mothers garden..She always had these...And I'm sure one of her friends had given her them as they can make lot's of little chicks..
I love trying new plants out and seeing which ones will survive and which ones don't...Summer is starting to get hot and even though I'm good at watering some plants just cant take the heat...While others like these sedum plants seem to love it.
G.G.




No comments:

Post a Comment