Tuesday, June 2, 2015

My Retail Reality....He Thinks My Work Belt is Sexy.....LOL....

The other day my husband came to my store to buy shoes for my son.  When he saw me he asked "Are you in charge of the store?"  I said "Yes."  Then he said "you look cute with your work belt on"   I have to say I have giggled about this ever since..

I had a friend at work snap a photo of me before leaving work the other day...It was a Jean day...Which often times I don't wear Jeans...I like my dress pants...But I decided why  not...On my work belt I carry an e-touch phone so I can read lots of e-mails without leaving the sales floor....I carry my phone encase of an emergency....crazy things happen in retail, people get hurt, people get sick, people faint.... I carry keys that open everything....Rule number one is never lose your keys.....If you do, don't come to work again... I also wear a two way radio....I've mastered the art of listening to two or more people at once....
Here is a close up of most of the items I wear around my hips each day...I also have a special "RF" Unit that allows me to scan items and find out where they are in the store....What sizes they come in...Color...and other stores that may carry them..I have also attached some super hero tags to my work belt...They give me super hero protection...In case of angry customers....  I used to think my work belt was heavy...That was until I saw the men building a new bank down the road from my house....Now my work belt seems kind of small...These men down the street WOW...They had big belts with all kinds of tools...Yes I stared at them in utter amazement.....They also looked pretty good ( don't tell my husband!).....
On days when I'm not the manager on duty, I take a few items off my belt...and have a lighter day....That doesn't happen for me very often though...So I asked my husband why do you think I look so cute in my work belt...and he said it reminds him of the original  "BAT GIRL"....I like that. You can actually watch a clip on the internet about her Utility belt....

Every time I go to work and put this belt on though now all I can think of is "He Thinks My Work Belt is Sexy"....And I sing that to myself to the tune of Kenny Chesneys "She Thinks My Tractor is Sexy" song...
It's nice to think after all these years my husband is still attracted to me...
Hope you giggled at this too.
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment