Monday, June 8, 2015

Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival...The Carousel Horse a Garden Built Just for Me.....

When I was young everything was horses...I read horse books, I drew horse pictures (even though the animal in the field was a cow...somehow I saw a horse)...I dreamed of horses and owning horses....My goal was to someday own a horse farm.....At the town fair my favorite ride was the pony ride ( I saved dimes all year so I could ride those ponies all afternoon.) At the amusement park my favorite ride was the Carousel (aka..Merry Go Round) ...So when I walked down the paths at the Thanksgiving point gardens and saw this big Carousel flower garden I was in Heaven!
Each section of the carousel has different colored tulips and flowers around it.  And each horse looked to be a little different.
The saddles have flowers flowing over them, and the horses look to be running along a multicolored path of flowers.  Almost makes you think of the Mary Poppins movie when they ride the carousel horses....

Have you ever wondered why the horses on a Carousel look a bit wild or unhappy?  I never thought about it until last year when we visited the Lagoon park out here.  The horses always have their ears back, their mouths open and their eyes look like they are wild...Why is that??
If I had the space and money I would build this type of garden..I think at some point during the year they may also have hanging baskets around the horses as there are a lot of empty wires hanging in the middle of the structure.

Around the edges there are smaller gardens...I loved the poppies...and there are benches to sit on....
They also had another big art type structure along the way.  These flowers were cool...I'm not sure if they turned with the wind or not.
Hope you enjoyed the photos of the Carousel....
G.G.

The Physics of the Carousel Horse ride
Which is the lead horse on a Carousel ride?
History of the Carousel

No comments:

Post a Comment