Thursday, June 25, 2015

Throw Back Thursday....Elle's Giant Marigold plant....I mean Sunflower plant.......

Way back when my kids were little we would go to the public library for story time each week, they had a story time was about gardens and flowers.  After listening to all the stories the project was to plant some seeds....We brought home our little cup of Marigold seeds and took good care of them. We were so excited that the Marigold seeds sprouted and we had little baby plants to put in my garden.  Back then I wouldn't be able to look at a seedling and say oh that's not a baby Marigold plants.   It was so exciting for my Daughter to watch these little seedlings grow...And at some point I realized I did not have Marigolds in my little garden..  Instead we ended up with two huge Sunflower plants.
The plants grew all the way up to the bottom of our porch roof.  I can not find the photo of my daughter standing next to them when they were full grown but I know I have one somewhere....It was so much fun....We were never able to grow Sunflowers that tall again.....Those must have been some special seeds.
Hope you had a great Thursday!
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment