Monday, June 15, 2015

Spring flowers at Temple Square in Salt Lake City Utah....One of my favorite places to go to take photo's of flowers....

Every spring my husband and I go to Temple Square to see the spring flowers.  While it is not as big as the Thanksgiving Point flower garden it is just as beautiful...And it's free....
I love to see all the different colored tulips in the spring..And the Pansies...The nice thing about the Temple Square gardens is you get all the spring flowers together...
There are flowers everywhere....I'm always looking to get a perfect flower and Temple photo.  I'm trying to put together my favorites so that I can have framed Temple photo's around my house.
All the flower beds are taken care of by volunteers....And they change the flowers at different times during the year. 



I love the poppies, this will make a great card...That is what I usually do with my photo's I make cards and send them to people...
Giant tulips..How cool!

This is a Periwinkle plant...I would love to have this ground cover around my house....They are for fond remembrance...They had a whole hill covered with this...Someday my back yard will have more of these plants in it!






There is so much beauty packed into this area.  There are places to sit, and you can go into the visitor centers and learn about the Mormon church and how they built the Temple....






If you are in Salt Lake City in the spring you have to walk around the gardens.  The last photo is the place I always try to photograph every time I visit.  The sun just wasn't in the right place to get a good photo of the lady dancing with her children.  Some day I will get this shot perfectly....You can buy one of these framed in the book store for $165.00....But I'm sure one day I'll get one that I can frame on my own...Well I do have a few that I love and soon will be framing them....
Hope you enjoyed looking at all the flowers...
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment