Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Gaillardia Plants that grow both in New Jersey and Utah

This is a Gaillardia Flower.  I love this flower for it's color and the fact that it blooms from late spring all the way to fall.  I first planted seeds for this plant in my New Jersey garden.

It grows really well in poor soil and is drought tolerant.  I love also that every year the plant grows bigger.
The flower petals can come in different shapes and colors.  I really liked this variety.  I've yet to find it here in Utah.
When a plant is in full bloom it is so beautiful.  They will continue to bloom if you deadhead them.
It's so nice to have a reminder of New Jersey in my garden.  Although I think perhaps they were a sign that I would move west as they really are a western flower and I just didn't know it.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment