Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I know what it's like to be the woman with the issue of blood....part of my Ultraviolet Catastrophe....

When I was young I remember wanting that time of the month to happen.  Listening to friends talk about becoming a woman.  It all went down hill once it came.  It wasn't until I was thirty that I felt that I understood my body and all those womanly issues.  Only to have my forties become a  new nightmare. 
I could tell around thirty five that my body was slowing down and changing but last summer I had the worst experience.  We went away for the forth of July and I missed my period.  No big deal to me, as my periods had become lighter so just figured my hormones were off.  Then August came and went. No period, and moment's of extreme sadness.  And I could not quiet figure out why I was sad.  I told myself if September slips by with out a period I will go to the doctor.  Having poor medical insurance and not wanting to pay for something that I thought would just get better was probably not the best of ideas.
Well at the end of September my period started, and after a week I was ready for it to end.  Unfortunately it didn't.  I kept thinking this has to end..... About a month later I finally went to the doctors.  I kept thinking of the story of the woman with the issue of blood in the New Testament.  One month was enough for me, I can't imagine living with this type of problem for 12 years. 

The doctors all had different ideas of what my issue was, a fibroid, ovarian cysts, and one thought I had been pregnant. Thankfully doctor offices are much more advanced now than back in the new testament times.  In one day I found out that I had a cyst on my ovaries and that was causing the issues.  Thankfully it was not a fibroid as then I would have had to have surgery.
Now I have medicine to take everyday to keep my body more regular. I hate taking medicine but the alternative is something I don't want to deal with. 
With this issue I have started to read and learn about Peri menopause.  I find that many of the things that are going on with me are caused by changes in my hormones.  Basically I'm going through reverse puberty.  What a sense of humor God has.  I wonder why women must go through this. 
I found a really good link about the woman with a blood issue.  I can connect with this as for a month I felt like her wishing to find out what was wrong with me and hoping for a miracle to make it stop.
Another thing I find with turning forty is that I have been reflecting on my life and its purpose and also watching my daughter become a young woman.  I hope to share my thoughts with you on these topics.
G.G.
Have you had a Peri menopause moment you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment