Thursday, July 3, 2014

# Throw Back Thursday.....First Birthdays

I don't remember much about my first birthday, or even many of the birthdays after.  I'm not sure if this is a photo of my first or second birthday.  But I sure know that I was more excited about this birthday than I am about my birthdays now.  When you are young growing up is fun and exciting, when you get past twenty two, birthdays become a reminder that you are getting "Old".  Ugh!
Here is a photo of my son on his first birthday.  What a fun time for a parent.  That little baby is now starting to talk and walk and become this amazing person.  I was so happy to be able to stay home with my children and watch them grow.  I wouldn't trade those slow paced baby days for anything.  And yet in a blink of an eye I have teenagers! 
My daughter on her first birthday... It seemed like she did everything faster.  She wanted to catch up to her brother and so she walked faster, and learned to talk faster and my babies were gone.  I love the messy cake faces.  I've been having so much fun this summer looking at my scrapbooks and remembering.  It is also fun to look at myself as a child and at my children.  They are so different from me, and their world is so different than the world I grew up in. 
Have a great Thursday.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment