Wednesday, August 25, 2010

14 years of wonderful memories


14 Years ago I said "I do." My wedding day was such a stressful and wonderful day. But I know this I chose the right man at the right time. My husband and I have had many blessing over the past few years. We have two very beautiful children. We have a nice little house. ( I wouldn't want anything bigger.) We've had good health, and good jobs. My family is now on a new course. Each of us has some new start this year. My husband has a new job, he is on day 7. He isn't working as fast as they would like, but all that he is doing is being done correctly.


My children will both be off to new schools.
My son is entering 7th grade, and the teen years.

My daughter is going to a new school, she will be in 5th grade, and will be taking flute lessons. I hope she and I will get to play together.

I'm looking for a new job. With all the stress of change, it seems that we have not just one change but many. But in all of that my husband and I have each other. We have had 14 years to build a strong relationship. We have trust for each other. We build each other up as needed, and comfort as needed. We have had many years where life has



been easy for us. Now this time in our life will help test us and help us grow and see how strong we are, and to show us where we may need to become stronger. We have had trials before that have strengthened us, I know and am already seeing how these new trials are bringing us closer together. I'm thankful that in this struggle we have had the ability to stay in Love, and to help each other. We are two totally different people, and yet our differences compliment each other and make us a good team.















This is my Husbands all time favorite photo of us. Each year we go to target and have our family photo taken for Christmas cards. He always has to have this kiss face type. If you get cards from us you will never get the kiss face.























This was last years photo of us. We used to just get a family photo. But over the years as I have worked on family history books, I noticed that you always see photo's of the children, and never the parents. I wanted photo's of us together, to celebrate our being a couple. I want to see the changes in us as the years go by. So far I think we have stayed looking pretty young.
















In the Attic: I was in the attic again this morning. I now have 5 bags of garbage. I've unearthed more packages of bills to shred. I've gone through the memories of the children's games we have out grown. I don't know what to do with all the board games we have, perhaps there is a place that takes donations. I've seen my old baby book and some childhood dreams. I found a journal from 2003, and I was lamenting the fact that with Jacob finally in school, my life seemed off balance. I'm always struggling for balance in my life, better organization. I am not sure I'm ready for the new schools, the new schedules, and all the home work, and studying that will need to be done. But it is coming, just like a freight train speeding down the tracks at night with it's horn blaring, the change is coming.











































































No comments:

Post a Comment