Thursday, August 5, 2010

Gardening and Change

Each day as I walk in my garden something new is there. There may be a strange bug to investigate, or a beautiful butterfly. A new seedling may have just come up out of the ground or a flower may have died and needs to be clipped off. Each day my garden changes, it is a constant never ending changing environment. If you read yesterdays post, you will know that I've been really tired of the constant change in my life, and yet as I sat last night and thought about my garden I realized that it would not be fun if there was not the constant change. Each day the change brings challenges... (like bunnies eating my favorite plants or cats rolling all over my cat nip because I forgot to cover it at night.) But each day it also brings breath taking beauty. It allows me to take in the miracle of life on a small but beautiful scale. Each day my garden teaches me about life and faith. About the fact that change is a part of everyday life, but in that there is beauty. And that challenges are part of everyday life, but by thinking about your challenges you can find solutions. I have learned so much about plants and life this summer it has been wonderful. The top photo is of some of my Daisy's. I had a good crop of Daisy's this year. They last a couple of weeks and then are gone, but they are so lovely to look at when in bloom. I got some great photo's for the cards that I'm going to be making.
This is a photo of an Easter Lily. These flowers only live about a week. They are beautiful though. And come back each year. They are extremely toxic to cat's and so they stay in the garden, none come in the house.



I'm not sure what the name of these Orange Lilies are, but I think I need to dig them up and move them this fall. They ended up behind some daisy bushes and they did not do so well this year. I want to move them to the back garden.




These are red lilies. Again I'm not sure what their exact name is, another thing I'll have to look up. I love lilies as a teaching tool for children. All the parts are so easy to see on a lily. They would be great for teaching children the parts of a flower.
Unemployment Land: My husband is trying to decide the best place to work. It is nice to have two offers, and so he now needs to decide between the two. At least he has the choice. I feel we are being blessed even with the bad economy. I'm so thankful that he has offers. Although I feel like we are climbing onto another roller coaster. I just hope the ride is not as bumpy as the last. Keep us in your prayers, and advice is always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment