Monday, August 2, 2010

BLAIRE IS MY NEW NAME!

This weekend I went back home for my 2oth high school reunion. I have to say that they needed name tags, as I only recognized about 4 of the people that attended, and I kept staring at peoples spouses wondering were they in my class. Name Tags are a must at reunions. When I left high school I never looked back, not once until this weekend. It was very weird to walk through my old high school. The crazy Orange carpets were gone, the ugly orange lockers were now blue. The cafeteria was still the same, well there were soda and candy machines that we never had but other than that it was the same, and the science rooms were the same.
It was nice to see old friends. Many people commented that my daughter looked very much like me, but you know, I see the connection only with the blond hair, and yet my hair was much more lighter than hers, and I was much smaller than her. But it was fun to hear people say, they knew I was there because they had seen my daughter. It was nice to catch up with everyone, but in thinking back on it now, there was not enough time, I'd have liked to sit and talk to everyone a little bit longer. Find out how they met their spouse, what they did for work, and what dreams have been met in their lives and what dreams they still aspired to. One of my friends is a Judge! WOW. How cool. Most of my friends from school still live in the same state, and some of them see each other all the time. I hope I have more contact with them before another 10 years rolls by.
Why is my name now "Blaire?" Well my parents gave up a whole weekend of camping because I was coming home for a reunion. They put aside their plans, went out and loaded up on tons of food, and invited people over so that we could all visit. They were so excited to have us home, or I should say my Mom was. It all connects with the the movie "Christmas with the Kranks". The daughter leaves, they decide to skip Christmas and go on a cruise. Then on Christmas eve Blaire calls and says she is coming home with her fiance. Mom cancels all plans for a cruise and rushes around to have a big party for Blaire. So all weekend I was called "Blaire." Then last night we watched the movie. So I think from now on my parents are going to call me Blaire. At least I know I'm loved.
Unemployment world: Well my husband had his interview with unemployment and he will be receiving his benefits this week. He has two interviews this week. One tomorrow at 11am with an auto shop down the road from our house, and then another on Wednesday at 11am. I am so happy that he is getting interviews. The interview times are good too, as you should have an interview between 11am and 3pm, but no later than 3pm as then the interviewer is done with thinking about work and thinking about going home. Please pray that things go well.
I am still working on my resume and some cover letters. Hope to have things polished off and ready to go by next week. I've decided to try applying at the 24 hour vet clinic down the street first. I know I'd love being a receptionist at a Vet clinic. So say some prayers for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment