Thursday, April 30, 2015

Throw back Thursday...The year my Perm went really wrong!

When I was young I had straight blond hair.  But what I really wanted was curly hair. Spiral curly hair.
I'm not sure if this is a perm that got my hair curly or if this was a night spent with my hair tied up in rags.  Yes I would do anything to have curly hair.
So at the end of my junior year in high school I went and got a perm....I dreamed of spiraling curls and I got Puff head!  Kinky tight puffy curls.  I spent hours and hours in the shower with conditioner trying desperately to tame those curls.  This photo looks good, but this was a bit after the perm...That is one funny thing I remember about high school...My really bad perm!
Now my hair it curls all on it's own.  Just the way I like it.  Not too much, just right.  Perhaps deep down I always knew my hair was supposed to be a certain way, and I couldn't wait for it to be that way on its own.
Happy Thursday.
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment