Thursday, April 23, 2015

# Throw Back Thursday....The day I took my Daughter to work....

A friend on facebook posted a photo of her child helping her at work for take your child to work day.  It reminded my of the year I took my daughter to work with me.   I think my daughter thought my job back then was pretty cool.  I was the Library Assistant for her school.  We got to see each other everyday and I got to take her home when school ended which made her very happy, because like all kids she hated riding on the bus.  When take your child to school day came along she was so excited to come to work with me.
She got to check out books, and help put books away.  She had a great time.
It was wonderful to have a job that I could take my daughter to that she thought was cool.  I don't think I'd get a thumbs up happy photo of her if I took her to my job.  I don't think she really understands that my new job is a lot of work and some days can be very stressful.   I know she doesn't think my job is that important.  Keeping people in clothing is not as important as being a doctor, nurse, or other jobs.  I hope someday she looks back and realizes that my not so important job paid for her to do a lot of things.  Like Karate, and book shopping trips, and allowed us to have health and dental insurance.. Keeping people in fashionable clothing might not be that important to her, but it does pay the bills.  I am happy that I had the few years in the Library.  I loved working in a well organized place, every book had it's place and it didn't change from week to week.  Clothing has a place for about a week and then it's place changes.  I'm glad my daughter and I had time together because of the Library job too.  It is hard to believe this was 5 years ago...and yet it seems like a very distant but lovely memory.
Can you believe it is already Thursday?? Seems like I blink and another week goes by.
Have a great Thursday!
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment