Thursday, April 23, 2015

Things I want to do this year......


I have been writing down my goals for this year...I didn't want to call them resolutions...I was going to call it my "Bucket List"  until I Goggled "Bucket List"  and found out that is the list of things you want to do before you die...And I'm hoping I don't die this year.  So it's become my Yearly to do list....

1. I want to go on a trip to New Jersey and Vermont with my husband and children.  This will be our last family vacation together.  My son graduates next year...How can that be???  Any other trips will either be my husband going to New Jersey or Me going to Vermont.
On this trip I have photo's that I want to get.  I want a photo like the one above of my children looking out at the ocean, and one of my husband and I looking out at the ocean. 
I want to get a photo of my family at Bowlby Street in Hampton New Jersey.  I think we may have one of us when the kids were little.
I want to go to all our favorite New Jersey places: Pizza Brothers, As You Like It Ice Cream store, Gee Gee's Pizza place, Carlsons Corner.  I hope to get a few family photo's too.

 I want to go to Dukes Island park, and walk the trails, feed the fish and turtles, and have a picnic.


I want to walk down the streets of our old neighborhood.  And visit with friends and family.
Then we are going to drive to Vermont....Re-live the 7 hour yearly drive and visit my parents and possibly go
Camping in Maine and tube down the freezing river.  We also want to walk the rabbit track trail, and do the big walking loop with my mom.  And I hope to see some old friends...
2.
I want to visit gardens...First on the list is the Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival.  So please let next weekend be nice!
I also want to garden more...It's my Retail Therapy.
3. Read lots of books and share with you all my favorites
4. Continue to write about my Retail Reality...It's a form of therapy to me...
5.
Continue to do family history.  This year I have been collecting tomb stone photos.  It's amazing how many people take photo's of tomb stones and share them.  I can hear my father..."Still playing with the dead people"....
I also want to teach my children how to do family history.  And share the stories I've found with them.
6.  I want to actually learn how to cook and use these cook books...I am looking for fast,simple, meals for a crazy life...I hope to share the recipes that my family actually likes or I find super easy to make....
7.  EVERY DAY,  EVERY DAY,  EVERY DAY....This is one thing I remember about conference...I want to read my scriptures every day!  I'm doing pretty good too.
8. Get back to going to the Temple weekly....After my father in law passed away it seems as if life became crazy, and catching up and regaining my balance has been a struggle.   I need to get back and hope to get back soon.
9.  Figure out my Peri-menopause problems.... May 6th is my doctor appointment...
10.  Put more Romance in my life....Not that it was lacking but more can't hurt can it??  I'm always trying to find new and fun ways to connect with my husband...One thing we do is have a lunch date at least once a month.
11. Do simple act's of service.  I make cards from my flower photo's and send them to people who need a little pick me up.  If you know of someone who would like a pretty card let me know.
12.
And one silly thing...Find the perfect lip stick color...I want to do a blog... # 50 Shades of pink, berry, and red...This Tomboys search for the perfect lip stick.... I've already started a collection....
I hope to share my adventures with you.... What things do you want to do this year??
G.G.








No comments:

Post a Comment