Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Know where the missing socks go....

Do you ever lose something, like say a sock when doing laundry and wonder where did it go?  Are you the type of person who hunts up and down, over and under and all through the house trying to find the missing barbie shoe your daughter lost?  Does it drive you crazy not knowing where the two sweat shirts your son had went?  Or did you lose something like your mothers lucky rabbits foot when you were little and still feel bad it never got found? 
If so then here is the book for you to read "There's No Place Like Here"  By Cecelia Ahern.  This book is about a woman obsessed with finding lost things, from lost socks to missing people.  In the beginning of the book she tells one other character in the story "what has to be worse than not finding what is lost, would be to be lost and never found".  Well in the book she becomes lost in the world of "Here" and the book is all about the world of  "Here"  where all the lost objects of our world go, and how one man is determined to find her.
I have to say when things go lost I don't really look to much for them.  If my keys are lost then yes, but if a sock or other item goes missing I'm not one to search the house to find it."( Of course at this point I have learned where my missing socks go they are either on the walk way between the house and the car or the walk way between the car and the laundry mat at our apartment complex.)  I guess my children have inherited that trait from me.  They lose a toy and it's gone, and they don't look for it.  My son has lost two sweat shirts and a pencil holder in the past few weeks and has not looked for them.  Oh he'll complain they are gone but will not put any effort into finding them.  His math teacher finally after 3 weeks gave him his pencil case back. 
So are you a frantic searcher of lost things or do you just simply go on without?

No comments:

Post a Comment