Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Our First tour of Salt Lake City!

This past weekend we took our first day trip into Salt Lake City.  Here are my children and husband in front of a log cabin that the early Latter day saints lived in.  Have to say I'm glad for my falling apart apartment.  The photo is taken in the Church history museum.  There is so much to look at and read.  Of course two kids even their age don't stay focused that long.  My husband was still in the log cabin area while we had walked all the way up to the top floor.  The top floor has all the Latter day prophets.  I loved the portrait of President Hinckely.  It looked like he could just come right out, it was so life like.  We kind of hummed the Latter day prophet's song as we walked by each portrait.
Here is one of the Sun Stones that I think are found on the Navoo temple.  The work that went into making the temples is unbelievable.  So much hard dedicated work.
Here is our family sitting on the steps to the Salt Lake Temple.  I think it took the early saints 40 years to build this temple.  I can't imagine how much work that would take.  It is so beautiful.  The kids liked walking through the visitor center and seeing what the temple looks like inside.  There were a lot of weddings taking place when we were there.  My daughter met a missionary from Japan and was able to share some Japanese words.  We had such a great time walking around the Temple and the Temple grounds it is so beautiful!  We also went and watched the Joseph Smith movie.  It was a good movie if you are in town go and see it.
We walked down main street.  My daughter wanted to go window shopping.  It is amazing how you can look down a street and see the mountains in the distance.  This is a view you wouldn't see in New York city.  Can you see the snow on the mountains.  Kind of cool!  I like the grid system out here.  Once you understand it you can figure out how to get places really easily. 
Here are the kids at the conference center.  We hope to go back this weekend and take the tour.  I want to go to the top of the building and see the gardens.  I didn't realize they had trees up there.  The waterfall coming down the building is so cool!  We also want to check out the art museum.  The biggest blessing was having a day together as a family.  It's been a long time.  I'm just glad we are all back together.  Hope you enjoyed the photo's.

No comments:

Post a Comment