Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dear President Obama: how your back to school speach inspired my daughter.

Here is one of the best photo's I have of my daughter.  It catches her true attitude as a daring, determined person.  Recently her school played President Obama's back to school speech.  After listening to the speech her teacher had her write a letter to my husband and I about how she felt about the presidents speech.  I was very impressed by what she wrote.  Here is her letter:

Dear Mom and Dad,
     Today we listened to President Obama's back to school speech.  I liked when he said that life goes on after high school.  I find that true. I want to go to a good college so that I can be a veterinarian.  I was really interested in hearing that we can make a difference now.  I want to figure out how to save an animal with out having to put it down.  Finally, he really made me think when he said that our country used to have the most college graduates, now we are at #16.  That makes me determined to get good grades and get a scholarship so I can go to a good college and make a difference.

Love,
Your Daughter.
I'm glad that the presidents speech has made a positive impact on my daughter.  I know that once she puts her mind to something she will work hard towards that goal.  Right now she is working hard to try to do chin ups so she can get money from her dad.  She is also trying to teach herself Japanese because she wants to go to Japan some day.  She works hard at school and gets pretty much straight "A's".  I hope that the economy turns around so that when she is ready to go to college there are scholarships for her to have.  I hope that the economy turns around so that when she is ready to go to college my husband and I will be employed so that we can afford to help her go to college.  And that there will be jobs for her and those her age after college.  I hope that President Obama and future presidents will be able to strengthen our country so that these children who have been inspired by their words will have the ability to go to school and make a difference.    I know my daughter will work hard, I can only hope those in charge of our country will actually do their part. 
I'm told that by the end of the week there will be snow on the mountains.  I hope to see it.  My family is very excited about Utah snow!

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Elle!
    Glad you guys are enjoying the good things Utah has to offer, and getting used to the things that are different from the East. We miss you all!

    ReplyDelete