Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dear President Obama, Please Help Displaced Home Owners!

I've decided that every week I'm going to try to write a blog letter to President Obama on a subject that is causing me stress.  Will he read them of course not.  But it will help me with my stress. 
Dear President Obama,
I'd like to tell you about something that is happening in our country.  There are lots of displaced home owners.  I'm one of them.  I own a home in New Jersey.  Which is for sale, but the market is not good.  People are looking at homes, but not many are being sold.  While I would love to be living in my home, I'm not.  I'm living in a two bedroom apartment in Utah.  Why?  Because that is where my husband has found a job.  It's a good job, and we like Utah, but it would be nice to have our house in New Jersey sold so that we can afford a little bit bigger place to live in.  I don't even mind if I can't ever own a home again, I just don't like having to pay a mortgage and bills for an empty house, plus rent and bills for an apartment.  Isn't there anything you can do? 
I have to say though I feel lucky.  My husband and I both now have jobs, and we are making enough to afford both.  I have met several people here in this apartment complex who are also displaced.  They are barely making ends meet or they have lost their house from the state they were living in.  I met a lady last week who is living here and has had her house on the market for a year and a half.  She and her husband are now ready to sell their house at a price where they will walk away with no money made.  They can't afford to pay the mortgage, rent and college payments for their children.  I wish there was some way that people in this situation could be helped.  This is probably one of the causes of foreclosed houses.  The job market is so bad, people have to move when they get an offer and sometimes the move is not around the corner but across the country.  I hope soon that this economy will get better.  But I fear it will not.  While I keep seeing reports that we are out of the recession, I can't say I feel that we are.  I have always felt that we were actually in a depression.  There are a lot of depressed people out there.  So please think of a way to help the displaced home owners.  There are lots of us out there.
Sincerely,
GARDEN GIRL

If you read this and you are living in one state and waiting for your house to sell in another please tell me about your story.  I'd love to see how many displaced home owners there really are.  Seems like there are many in the apartment complex I live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment