Monday, October 24, 2011

Dear President Obama: There are many part -time workers who want to work full time HELP!

Dear President Obama,
     Sorry I did not write last week, I worked crazy part time hours.  I get up at 3am two mornings a week and help unload a truck where I work and then I had one evening shift ( If you saw a photo of me you would say "You help unload a truck?"  At least everyone who knows me says that, but it gets me 10 hours more a week).  at a grand total of 24 hours.  The adjustment to the morning hours kept me from writing.  The sad thing is that I would like more like 30 to 35 hours a week.  I'm not even looking for 40 hours that's a retail workers dream, that only the stressed over worked managers get.  I have to say everyone is so excited about the hiring of people for the holidays by retail stores.  But if you work at one you know that this is to keep the regular crew under 40 hours a week.  Yes it may get busy, but with more people you can keep everyone at the same low hours.  Is there nothing you can do?  There are so many people out there who would like to work more, who would like to be able to support their families, and put money away for their children to go to college, or even for retirement.  That just is not happening.  When will you and the other political leaders see that for many the "RECESSION"  is not over and perhaps its really a "DEPRESSION!"
Well if you can figure out how to help all the part time workers who would really rather work full time it would be a great bonus to you.  In my opinion one of the reason employers are this way is so they don't have to pay for full time health care benifits.  Perhaps in my next letter to you I'll share with you my adventures in the world of health insurance.  I have to say at this point I'm happy to be insured but hope no one in my family gets sick, because I really don't know what my health care covers.  All the pages of legal jargon is just beyond me.  Hope you enjoy good health care with no worries, for most Americans that's just another dream in this supposedly "POST RECESSION" world.
Sincerely
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment