Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I DREAM......

I dream of gardening again someday, this is the last of my garden, some hen's and chickens in a small bowl that sits in the window of my apartment. Sad fact of this is that it isn't even from "MY GARDEN" because the pot I made got stolden off my back porch before we left, and my neighbor had dug up my others a week before knowing i was moving and wanting part of my garden.  So these are actually one of my other neighbors hens and chickens.  I dream of owning a small cottage like house someday.  I dream of working either in a library or vets office someday.  I dream of going back east in the summers to visit family and friends.  I also dream of some day being a published writer.  Though I have to admit I'm not the best writer.  I have this story stuck in my head.  I've written a few chapters, but lately I've realized I need to change it a little.  But here is the first chapter.
                                                                "THE RECORD KEEPER"
                                                                           BY: G.G.

                                                                       Chapter 1.  ANNE

Death separates "The spirit and the body [Which] are the soul of man." (D&C 88:15) (Doors of death Ensign May 1992 Elder Russell M. Nelson)

     I died today.  It was one of those freak car accidents.  The light turned green, I proceeded into the intersection and BANG! Someone running the red light slammed right into the driver side of my car.  That was it, I felt no pain, a part of me just slipped from my body.  I'm not the religious type  I've been to church, and I've heard people talk about your "spirit", but I never thought of it as a physical entity.  I stood there as a spirit next to my car, looking in at my disfigured body.  People rushed to the scene, called the police, and stared also at my body crunched up in my little car.  They did not see the spirit me, did not realize that a part of me was still there alive in some spirit way.  I wondered where is the light that you are supposed to follow?  you always hear stories of people following a light, and yet in some respects I was still stuck with my body.
     The ambulance came and they got my body out of the car and put it in one of those black plastic bags and onto a stretcher.  I felt compelled to follow it into the ambulance.  Still no one noticed I was there, or should I say my spirit was there, they all tried hard not to look at the bag that contained my body.  Next it was brought to the morgue.  There it was put in a vault to await verification from my family that it was in fact me.  I stood by my vault door, others were there by their doors too.  We could see each other, these other spirits and I, yet none of us talked, we waited.  I was not sure if I could talk, I did not know what this spirit part of me could do, and why I still existed.
     My parents came, my mother crying broke down and had to be carried out.  My father said it was me.  How awful for them.  I hadn't been the best of daughters.  I'm 35, unmarried, career driven.  Their constant question was always " When are you going to settle down, get married and have children like your cousin Lynne?"  They desperately wanted to have grandchildren to spoil.
     Time passed and then my funeral came, still no light to follow.  I wondered would I be standing at my grave for eternity? Iis that what really happened?  Should I have paid more attention the few times I had attended church?  Had I missed some important detail about what happens when you die?  My relatives filed in, they were dressed in black.  They all hugged and talked about me, and my life and their memories.  I wanted to shout, "I'm here, I'm here!"  And then a man appeared. He did not walk into the room, but seemed to appear in the light, in fact he glowed.  He noticed me, and moved towards me.  Smiling he said "I'm John, I'm here to guide you."
    I stared at him.
" You can talk. " He said.
"I'm Anne."
"I know, nice to meet you Anne."
" Where are you guiding me too?" I asked.
" You will see, but first look out into the room, do you see that lady in the light blue dress?"  He asked.
How could I miss her? It was my cousin Lynne.  Perfect homemaker Lynne.  The type of girl my parents wished I would be Lynne.
" Yes.  It is my cousin Lynne."  I said, rolling my eyes.
" She is very important to you now.  She is the record keeper.  Remember this."  John said.
" Lynne, perfect mother and record keeper, what do you mean by a record keeper?"  I asked a bit annoyed that not only would I be compared to Lynne all my life.  But now even dead she was to be important to me.
"I'll explain it later, now come follow me through the veil."
"What veil?" I asked looking around.
" The veil of death, you need to cross over to the spirit world, look for the light, follow me." John said as he moved towards a bright light.
"Why are you so bright?  What is that light there?  Why can't they see us?"  I asked as we walked into the bright light before us.
"  The living often can not see the dead.  I'm bright because I carry the light of Christ.  Come now we must go, you are late."  John said as he took hold of my hand and pulled me through the light.

Well that is my first chapter.  What do you think?  I have to redo the second chapter before I share.
Since it is November thought I'd share something I'm thankful for.   I'm thankful that I feel well today, because I was pretty sick last night.  I'm thankful for my family.  I love them so much.
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment