Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dear President Obama : Health insurance in the US is awful!

Dear President Obama,
For 14 years my husband had a good job, and we had good health insurance.  Thankfully I had my two children during this time.  We paid only our co-pays and the insurance covered the rest.  Now in the past two years our health insurance has been sketchy at best.  First my husbands company started going under and the health insurance through the company was the first to go, unknown to us.  It wasn't until we received a letter in the mail that we had no insurance!  What a scare to find out that you haven't had insurance for over two months and no one said anything.  Then due to the loss of my husbands job, and the loss of my job we had no health insurance.  We put our children on the state medicaid, and tried to pay for our own health care.  It is really hard to understand what you are getting for a policy.  There is so much legal stuff it is hard to know whats covered and what is not.  We went for flu shots and ended up paying more going to the doctors office than if we went to walmart.  With the state health insurance for the kids you are treated like a second class citizen.  What an awful experience. My daughter got sick on a Sunday when our doctors office was closed.  We took her to a priority care office and they said in front of my child " Oh you have state health insurance we can't see you here.  That type of insurance means you are too poor to be able to afford us."  They would not even let us pay by credit card.  The next office said something similar, but accepted our credit card as payment.  My poor sick daughter was in tears.  We both now are employed, in a different state and my husband makes a good wage, but there is no health insurance through his company.  AND WHY IS THAT?? BECAUSE OF OBAMA CARE!  Yes his new company was going to get health insurance for their employees but because you had to pass OBAMA CARE they decided to wait and not get health care until they knew exactly what your health care program would make them get.  So we are paying for insurance for our whole family, waiting to see what OBAMA CARE will make companies do.  My health care right now is scary to me.  I don't really know what is covered and to afford it my deductible is $7000.00.  I figure one day in the hospital is $7000.00 and then the rest will be paid.  But here is a question where does the $411.00 I pay every month for health insurance go, if I'm not going to the doctors because I'm scared not only will I have to pay the health insurance company but I'll also have to pay the doctor everything too?  Where is all this money going?  I would rather have a plan like my cat has.  I pay the Veterinarian $20.00 a month and she goes and gets a physical and shots with no other charge.  I would like to pay my Doctor a monthly fee and get all  my shots and tests done.  Then have some other insurance for a major hospital issue.  I'd like to get rid of insurance companies and just pay the doctor or the hospital.  I think the insurance companies are getting rich off of all the people who have no clue.  Yet I don't want to have no insurance and have some horrible thing happen and totally lose everything I have.  Isn't there anything you can do?  There has got to be a better way! 
Your concerned citizen
G.G.
Today I'm thankful for friends.  I have a lot of good friends:)

No comments:

Post a Comment