Thursday, November 10, 2011

So many books, so little time to read!

Ah fall, don't you love to see all the colors of the leaves.  I love the yellow leaves of the tree outside my apartment, especially when the sun is shining through them. 
I found two good books for you.  The first is "So Many Books, So Little time. A year of Passionate reading." By Sara Nelson.  It is a book about a woman's quest to read a book a week for a year.  How she chooses the books she reads and how this relates to her life.  She is an insomniac.  So she does most of her reading past midnight. On some days I wish I had this, just so I could read more of the books I take from the library.  I'm either renewing them or bringing them back not quiet finished with a note to myself to go back and renew it soon.  My daughter saw the front cover of this book and said, Mom it looks just like you.  Here is a woman surrounded by books with really short curly kind of blondish red hair.  I think I may just have to buy a copy of this book.  Even though I'm trying really hard to not buy anything that is not necessary.  Perhaps this is necessary.
The other book is a book to read in October.  In fact I've started thinking since reading "So Many Books, So little time."  about a year of reading for me.  But reading books that go with the season.  October could be my spooky book month.  Any ways this book was just kind of cute and easy to read. It's "Singled Out"  By Trisha Ashley.( Sorry I couldn't find a link to this book) Perhaps I liked it because the main character is an author of horror stories.  So you get these moments where she leave the world and is in her own story world.  Or perhaps it was because I'm close to the age she is and understand that mind set she is in.  It was just a very funny little romance novel.  It had a lot of Ocotberish ( think I made this word up.) things in it.  Her dressing up like a vampire, writing horror stories and pretending to be a ghost.  Any way's if you are looking for an escape that doesn't make you think to much this is a good book to read. 
The book I've just started goes quiet well with the holiday season, perhaps I choose it because it looked like it would deal with Christmas.  I have to keep thinking of this book a month or every other week idea.  But I'm not an insomniac and have so much else to do.  I don't think I could keep up the pace. 
Hope you have a great weekend. 
Sorry no President Obama letter this week.  Can't think of much to complain about.  Wonder if that is a good thing or a bad thing. 
I'm thankful for the Temple.  I went yesterday after not going for 6 years.  It was such a blessing.  I look forward to going every week now. 
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment