Tuesday, September 27, 2011

LDS Confrence Center Salt Lake City : My First Big Mormon Adventure!

Here is the photo of me in the LDS Conference Center for the  General Relief Society Meeting that took place on Saturday, September 24, 2011.  This was my first big LDS adventure out here in Utah!  All I can say is "WOW".  It was such a great experience for me.  I could have stayed all night long.  I can't wait to take my family there for a tour.  It is such a beautiful building.  I've linked you to a site that gives all the details about the conference center.    It was so amazing to see it packed with women.  I think other than the wonderful talks the best part was standing up and singing with all these other people.  It was just really wonderful for me to do that.
Here is a photo from the outside at night.  This is what I saw as I left.(well except for on the ground not in the air!)  My photo did not come out as good as this one that I found on the Internet!  There are gardens at the top of the building so I'm told.  I want to go and see them.  But isn't it just beautiful?!  I have read that this is the largest theater-style auditorium ever built.  When we got to the Conference Center their were masses of women standing in line to get in.  I was amazed at the amount of people there.  I'm not sure if it was filled to capacity, but it seats 21,200 people.  That's just amazing!
Here is a nice photo of the inside that I found. I had a seat way up in the top of the terrace section.  I was supposed to be in the balcony, but I walked in with a member of my ward who was handicapped so we got closer and better seating.  The speakers were so far away that they looked like little dolls.  I was told I missed the most exciting part, (as I went to get water for my friend.)  I missed the Prophet walking in.  I was told the whole place becomes totally quiet.  All the talks were wonderful.  But to make my experience just the top for me was that my favorite speaker gave a talk.  President Uchtdorf was the last speaker.  I just love to listen to his talks.  And his talk had a reference to flowers!  Could my night have been any better?  I don't think so.
After conference I rode with my friends to burger restaurant.  It was nice to have a night out with the women of my ward.  I hope at some point to get to go to General conference at the conference center.  That would just be a great LDS Utah experience for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment