Friday, September 9, 2011

I feel like I live in the Fawlty Towers apartment complex!

Lately I feel like I live in the Fawlty Towers apartment complex.  I don't know if you watch British comedy, but it was one thing my husband and I used to love to do on Saturday nights when the children were young.  Back in the day when you could put rabbit ears on the TV and actually get a TV station without having to pay for cable.  Every Saturday night we would watch all the British comedy shows on PBS.  Now due to some change in how you receive TV signals we don't get any TV.  But then it was fun.  We used to watch this show Fawlty Towers.  This tall thin man was the manager of a hotel, and there was always something going wrong.  My apartment seems the same way.  First when we moved in, I unplugged the toaster and put it in a different place.  This caused some problem with the wiring and the refrigerator stopped working.  There is a door between the kids bathroom and ours that does not shut all the way.  When you turn the water on for the sink it makes a horrible noise if the water is not going full blast.  Makes me feel bad as I don't like to waste water.  If you just have the hot water on the faucet whistles like a tea pot.  The handle for the toilet in our room falls out every few days.  And the other night the kids toilet backed up and flooded onto the floor.  Thankfully I knew how to turn the water off to the toilet. I was doing a lot of laundry the next day with all the towels I had to use to soak up the water on the floor.  The light over our dining room table had a piece just fall off.  When I go to put one of the windows up in the living room it makes a horrible noise.   Now don't feel to bad for me, we did want to save money and picked an apartment that hadn't been remodeled so that is probably why things are causing issue left and right.  Did I mention the hot water heater that sounds like it is making popcorn sometimes in the middle of the night.  Ugh.  Any way we don't have some talk lanky apartment manager here.  We have this young slightly big lady who has a very annoying laugh.  It really grates on you if you hear it too often. I'm not sure if it is a happy laugh or a nervous laugh.  But she does it often.  
My husband is finally home from his last cross country trip.  We are all very happy to be back together.  The photo is of my daughter doing something she loves, climbing trees.  Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment