Friday, September 23, 2011

You've Got Surveys: Can you really make money with online surveys?



Ah life in Utah, where it never seems to rain.  Here is a photo of one of my friends roses.  I could just stay at her house and photograph roses forever. 
So for the past month I have been unemployed and at home playing on my computer for a lot of my time.  So you know how you get those emails..."Sign up with us and do surveys on line and make money".  Well having nothing better to do and thinking I'd be able to share my opinion and make a little extra money I signed up for a few.  I can say this it's a good thing I got my night job now! Can you make money doing online surveys?  Probably, but from what I have found you are not going to make very much, and most of the so called surveys are just companies trying to get you to sign up for their product.  One site which I'm going to cancel out of e-mails me daily with a supposed survey to take.  You click to take the survey and they want you to actually sign up for a different companies product.  What is funny is they will pay you $1.50 to sign up for a product that will end up costing you $10.00 to $20.00.  Or they ask you to sign up for a chance to try out a new laptop for free, but when you get to the end of the survey to be able to proceed you have to sign up for two other products that cost you money.  So in the end at least with this survey company you would end up parting with more of your money than you would actually make.  I always end up closing out of the surveys early, I'm not that stupid!  There is one other company that sends you e-mails.  I think I've figured out you get paid two cents for each e-mail you open.  Again it's all a way to try to get you to purchase some other companies product. Through this web-site you can also watch video's which pay you three cents, or take other surveys.  They also want you to play on-line video games which you somehow would get paid for.  The attempt there I think is to get you to think you are a really good video game player and then make you want to play and bet money.  Not into that.  So I've watched some of the video's and I've been opening the e-mails.  Hey that's not to hard.  And I've made so far about $6.00.  Now I'm not too sure I'll ever see that $6.00 but I'm definitely not going to go to far with my survey taking money am I!  Seriously I thought I'd be asked some grand questions about products I used and that I might get some little reward.  I have to say it really just isn't what I thought.
Here is a photo from behind my daughters school.  You can't see it but the mountain is starting to get red blotches all over it.  Fall is coming.  I'm not sure how many trees on the mountain change color and how many are evergreens.  It will be interesting to see the first snow on the mountains.  Vermont won in that category as my mom has said their is snow on the mountains. She thinks that means it will be a hard winter.  My children are very excited to have snow.  To go for walks in the snow.  I guess it is good that they have something to look forward to.  I hope that the road crews are good out here as I work nights and I don't look forward to driving home in snow storms. 
Well I hope you had a good week.  I kept very busy.  Tomorrow I get to go to the Womens' General Relief Society meeting.  I actually get to go where it will be occurring.  I'm very excited about this.  To be in the same room as the Prophet of the Church.  How greatly blessed I feel. I hope I can get a few photo's to share. Oh if you know of a good survey site or if you have made real money on surveys let me know.  As I'm quiet convinced it's all a big scam!
Have a great weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment