Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring flowers = New Hope

What starts as little green leaves becomes a plant and flower as the spring turns to summer. Spring with little green spears coming up from the cold ground brings me new hope. Hope that something better is to come. I'm not sure what that better is but I have faith that it will come.


This green plant is a mum plant. Remember from fall, I had to keep all the dead plants in the garden. Last weekend I cut the dead parts off, and here is the new growth. I will pick the new growth back all summer and then in the fall my garden will be full of mums. One thing a good gardener learns is what their plants look like at each stage. You know the very beginning stage,



the middle stage and the end stage. You also need to learn what to do with the plant in the fall. Do you leave it alone, or cut it back.


This little plant makes me so happy. It is my beloved "Pyrethrum Daisy" . The first year is the hardest with these plants. You need to keep them alive and realize that you will not get any flowers. But if they survive the future years will bring beautiful pink daisy like flowers. I'm so happy to find many of them starting to come up. Would you know from looking at this what beauty lies ahead?








Now look at these little green shoot coming up. I know which are the tulips, which are the daffodils and which are the Crocus. Do you know which is which. The moment they begin to come out of the ground I know what flower they are.


I have spent so many years working on this one garden. The spring is tulips, daffodils, crocus, Hyacinth, the summer is cone flowers, black eyed Susan's, and daisies. The fall is mums.










This will be a purple Hyacinth.


















And here we have the first flowers of spring, the crocus. I think they are so beautiful. This little purple flowers that open with the warmth of the sun and close with the end of the day. I'm wondering though if I've lost some plants this past year as I think I had many more last year. Perhaps some have just not come up yet. Only time will tell.

So my husband and I still have many decisions to make. I'm thinking Utah is probably not going to happen. I would love to be in a more quite place, a place closer to the churches temples. But if I'm


only still just going to be making it, I'm going to stay close to my family and close friends and neighbors. Over the past few years I've created a net work of good friends in my neighborhood. They watch over our family, they help when needed. If we move and both have to work 40 hours just to make ends meet out west, then who will help out? At least here we are close to our families, and have many wonderful trusted friends to help us. I believe as my husband begins to look for new work he will find something that will help us, and that it will work out.




Your continued prayers are much appreciated.





Moment of Joy:) Having a day off to play basketball with my daughter. Having almost 40 hours of work next week. My husband saying something positive about himself. He is a hard worker. Being able to photograph flowers. Oh how long the winters been.















No comments:

Post a Comment