Thursday, March 10, 2011

Will we be moving west like my ancestors did?

My ancestors moved from the mountains of New Hampshire out to Clear field Iowa in the early 1800's. One has to wonder why they would want to move out west. Did they have friends that went before them that sent word that there was a better life to be had? Or did they just have a desire to move and see something different.

Many of my friends and family are wondering if we will be moving out to Utah. My husband had a friend who asked him to come out and interview for a job out there. With his work the way it was I said go out and see. It can't hurt. I don't know that I have thought of it as being more than an adventure for my husband. And a little ray of hope and a nice dream.


Perhaps though he might be thinking of it as very serious. And since he has not had an offer yet, I think he is also a little worried that he did not meet their expectations. His friend has assured him that he will receive an offer soon, but I think the stress of his current job has gotten the best of my husband, and perhaps me too.

I am willing to move or go anywhere that would be better for my husband. I'm tired of him working 50 hours a week and getting paid maybe 20 hours or less. It is causing him to doubt himself, his abilities and his worthiness as a mechanic and perhaps a good person.





As much as I try to tell him that this situation is not his fault, that he is a smart and good worker, I can not get through to him. I feel just awful today, as I finally snapped and screamed at him. I don't know if in the photo's of me you've seen the red in my hair. Well red heads have tempers and mine finally just snapped. I'm like this T-Rex crashing through the wall. I can't stand to hear my husband demean himself anymore. I told him if he could not say something good about himself then he should not speak. This auto dealership that he is working for must be doing something illegal. If I had money, and a good lawyer I'd get to the bottom of it. It does not seem right that you can expect people to be on your property for 8 plus hours and only pay them for two or less. There has to be something illegal going on. Anyone I tell this story to feels the same way.



Aren't these photo's just beautiful. I feel compelled to clean out my house. Maybe rent a dumpster, and get prepared to move. I'm tired of New Jersey, High taxes, and the constant rat race that I'm running in. I'd like to live somewhere closer to the churches temples, and a place where the pace of living is slower. I really just want a simple little life. So God if you are listening please give me a simple, less hectic life.






My song for the week, month, maybe decade:
Stronger.


Here is the lyrics that stick in my head from the song, "When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer...."
I keep thinking perhaps it would be easier to just let the waves take me under. Why should I keep fighting? Why should I need to be any stronger? I would just like a little time to rest and have some peace. Is that too much to ask for?








These mountains are breath taking. Wow. Now I know why my husband talked about them so much.
Pray for us. I've not a good thing to think today.

No comments:

Post a Comment