Saturday, March 5, 2011

I've got 15 plastic cards in my pocket book how many do you have?

Spring is coming. Today was so nice out and I spent the whole morning out cleaning the gardens. I don't have photo's as my camera is in Utah. I find that a little frustrating as I live with my camera around my neck during garden time. The first spring flower is in bloom and I'm using my children's cameras. I hope that when I'm able to put them in the computer they have come out half decent. So you get to see photo's from last year. I can't wait to start gardening and photographing. Though the next two months will be very busy for me. I'll be working 40 hours each week soon.
As I work in retail I notice that so many people

carry around plastic cards. At first I thought boy people have a lot of credit cards. But now I realize that these are not just credit cards. There are movie store cards, discount cards, library cards, credit cards, health insurance cards, cards for the pet food store, cards for the grocery store. Lots and lots of plastic cards. I counted mine and I have 15 plastic cards. This is actually a very small amount. They all fit nicely in my wallet. Let me tell you there are people who have stacks and stacks of cards. I'm not sure how they keep it all in order. I have a feeling that many people are overwhelmed by their plastic cards.


My goal for this coming month is to start cleaning out my house of stuff we don't use. After living here for 11 years I've realized that we've collected a lot of stuff, and I feel that much of it needs to go. My problem is every time I go up in my attic and see all the stuff I get overwhelmed and come back down thinking I'll start tomorrow.

As I think about my ancestors I have found a common thread. I feel my love of gardening comes from them. Many of my ancestors were farmers. People who worked the land. Perhaps my need to see things grow comes from them.

This past week I spent a lot of time on Ancestry.com. I have found many more of my ancestors. I even found that one line has some people who came from China. These are very distant and not direct line ancestors but it was still neat to see. I also have some ancestors from Norway. They lived out west with the homesteaders. I can't imagine living in a sod house. These people must have been tough. I found a cool photo of the women, perhaps I'll share it soon with the story of how one of the women found her husband. Very forward thinking for the 1800's.
I hope you enjoyed the photo's of the spring flowers. The top photo is a tulip, then a Hyacinth, and then my favorite crocus. I like the last photo of all the purple crocus with one white crocus. I think there was a genetic mutation.
Here is a good song: This is Home. I don't know for sure if I've found our home. I still keep feeling that at some point my family is moving.
My husband is still in Utah. He seems to be having a great time. He is very in love with the mountains. His friend talks of houses with two car garages. We are such a simple family to think he could make enough that we'd have a house with a garage. It's a nice dream isn't it. Even if it doesn't happen the dream is nice, the hope is nice.
Moments of Joy:) Being enveloped by the spirit. How wonderful it is to feel pure joy,to feel you could never thirst again, to breath the most pure air, to feel so absolutely loved and at peace. I don't know how I deserve that feeling but love when it descends upon me. A day to garden, clean and relax with the kids.
Thankful for: Everything. The trial I'm facing and the growth that is coming from it. The fact that the burden we are under is pushing us forward, I'm not sure where we are being pushed to but I know it will be good.






No comments:

Post a Comment