Wednesday, May 5, 2010

PINK SLIP


















Last Friday I received my "PINK SLIP". Actually it was an envelope with a yellow dot on it and in the envelope was a white letter from the Superintendent telling me that due to the failing of the budget my job was not going to be continued next year. I'm glad that I knew about this in January. I've had time to let it sink in that my job is ending. Although I have to say that many days it still doesn't seem real. I feel I have been very good at going to work each day and serving at the same level before I knew my job was ending. What is hard for me is not knowing what my next job will be. Not knowing what type of job I can get that will fit around everyone's schedules. This job was perfect in that it fit around the kids schedule. I do have faith that I will find something and that it will be better for my family in some way.

I feel like Kathleen Kelly again from "You've got mail" She knows the end is coming, but doesn't quite know what direction she will go in.

I have quite a few things I like to do. I like to read, I like to learn about and work with animals, I like to write, I like to garden, I like to do crafts, and I like working on computers. I'm hoping that my future job will involve something that incorporates some of what I like to do. I could see myself working in a book store, or working somehow with animals. I'd love to write and have a children's book published. So we will see. What does the future hold? I wish I had an apple tree like the one in the book "Garden Spells" then I could eat an apple and know what was coming. I think one of my biggest weakness lately is patience. I just want to have answers and I'm not getting them. Patience, Patience I need more patience!.
Here I found the definition of patience perhaps I'm not doing so bad:
pa·tience 
–noun
1.
the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2.
an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.
3.
quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment