Wednesday, May 12, 2010

AROUND THE WORLD WITH CINDERELLA




Here are some photo's of my last bulletin board. The theme was "AROUND THE WORLD WITH CINDERELLA" I never knew that there were so many different versions of the Cinderella story. I have to say I've had a great time taking the books home and reading them. Some of them keep to the theme of slippers and magic, and others have the evil sisters or stepmothers but no real magical help. I really liked the Native American stories. I hope to do a little review of each of the books in the future. Learning the different Cinderella's has sent me on a journey of rereading fairy tales. One other thing I learned is that many authors change fairy tales these are called "fractured fairy tales." I have been enjoying reading these and the originals. I guess all this working in a children's library has awakened my inner child. I hope some day to write my own children's story and have it published. I have two good ideas in my brain right now, just have to type them out.
On the work front it looks like the town is not going to take huge cuts to the school budget. It means some teachers will not lose their jobs. Hopefully they will have 5th grade band and orchestra, I would really love to have my daughter start playing the flute. My job is still gone, with no job to change to. There had been a hope for a secretary position but those also got cut. I guess if I want to be in a library atmosphere I will have to go in and volunteer next year. I'm slowly putting my resume together. I need to learn more about cover letters. I really hope to work at a book store. I just love reading.
What is your dream job?



No comments:

Post a Comment