Monday, May 31, 2010

16 days to the end of school











Friday was 16 days until the end of the school year. I took some photo's to remember things. One photo is the view from inside my car. I always seem to get to work early and I sit and read or listen to some music before going in. The Photo of my car, is to show how far away I always parked. Good for getting more steps in when I wear my pedometer, but also the best spot for beating the buses out in the afternoon. There is another shot of my desk, with the student bar code binder. On the binder are the yellow slips I write out each afternoon for students who forgot their books. Most parents just send their child's book in the next day, others feel that we have convicted their child of a serious crime and call in, asking what happened and pleading their child's innocence. And yes sometimes the books somehow end up back on the shelf mysteriously.
Friday was a day two. Day two's are very busy. I get in, check out fourth grade, and then write up my yellow slips. Then I put all the books away. Then kindergarten comes in. Then first grade, and then second grade. Then my three hours are up and it's time to go home. There were many books to put away. The children are now only allowed to take one book out. This week coming up is the last week for book check out. One thing I've been doing a lot of is shifting the books on the shelves. Soon the shelves will be packed with books. I sure hope they all fit in. I had to pull a bunch of Magazines because we did not have enough space.
I will miss the view from my car, I will miss sitting at my desk. I will miss organizing the books.
I look forward to days of reading books, I look forward to going camping with my family, I look forward to walks in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment