Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Catching a Bug!


Last week I caught the bug that has been going around. I was dizzy, queasy, and tired all day long. Not realizing that this was a bug, and thinking that I was over doing it, I slowed down, took a lot of naps, but still went to work. I should have stayed home, but didn't, now the Librarian has the bug!

On the topic of Bugs there is a great Childrens book called "BUZ" and it is about a bug, who gets swallowed by a boy, and is chased down by some pills... You have to read it to find out what happens to "Buz" but I thought it was a very creative perspective of what children might think when they go to the doctors and are told they've caught a bug. This is a photo of my Build a bear cat with the book. The bug, "Buz" is in front with the two "Pills" chasing him.
The author and illustrator of this book is Richard Egielski. This book won the New York Times Best Illustrated Children's book, and Richard Egielski also illustrated the Caldecott Award book "Hey Al". If you can find this book at the Library it is worth taking out and reading to your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment