Monday, May 31, 2010

Favorite French Cinderella


My last bulletin board was of Cinderella stories from around the world. What was fun was that I brought all the books home and read them. When the children wanted to know about the books, I could tell them about them and let them know which one's were my favorite. Of the traditional or should I say the ones that were adapted by the french writer Charles Perrault, my favorite is this one " Cinderella by Charles Perrault/retold by Amy Ehrlich, pictures by Susan Jeffers. The inside cover states it best " Amy Erlich's adaptation sensitively recreates the feeling of Charles Perrault's original tale. And Susan Jeffers's beautifully rendered paintings will linger on in the mind long after the last page is turned." I absolutely love the paintings in this book. Cinderella looks like a real girl. The pictures are simple yet beautiful. Take this book out and enjoy the story of Cinderella again.

No comments:

Post a Comment