Friday, May 28, 2010

Count down 17 days of school and work left


There were 17 days of school and work left on Thursday. Thursday was a day one. I came in and checked out a fourth grade Class. (Mrs. M's...) Then I put books and magazines away. I only have one class on day 1's and then the rest of the day is for getting things done like fixing books, or putting new magazines or books into the computer. We now have labels and ink again so I continued to relabel the easy fiction books. I found a book that connects with my life. "LAST DAY BLUES" By Julie Danneberg. In the book it is the Monday before the last day of school, and after the teacher does attendance she sighs and says she is going to miss all her students. The story goes on to tell what the teacher and children will miss about school, and what they look forward to doing in the summer. The children also come up with a nice surprise for the teacher for the last day of school. The Book gave me the idea to count down the remaining days I have left. I hope to take a photo or two each day, talk about what I will miss about my job, and also what I look forward to with summer. The first photo is of my desk. This is the view of it if I was sitting at my desk. I will miss having it be my desk. Next year hopefully many people will come in and help the librarian with check out and sit at this desk. But for the past two years it was my spot. I love using the scanner gun, to check out books. I enjoy helping the children find books. I will miss my desk.

I look forward to having a fun summer with my children. I hope to keep us busy doing stuff so that we don't end up just sitting in front of the TV playing video games. A magazine came yesterday with 77 days of things to do over the summer. I've already decided I like the first day idea. Have a pajama day. I think the first day of summer will be pajama day, with a special breakfast and no place to go, just a day to rest. The next day we are going to make a list of everything we want to do during summer break. Of course the second week of summer will be camping which will be fun. I'm also hoping to get a lot of scrap booking done this summer, I'm about a year behind. And I plan on reading lots of books. I actually just ordered a few! What are you going to do this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment