Monday, December 10, 2018

Our Bowlby Family Christmas Letter. Merry Christmas 2018

Merry Christmas Family and Friends,

     It is hard to believe that another year is coming to and end.  I hope this year has treated you well.
Here is a little of what our family did this year. 

Our Daughter graduated from high school in May with high honors.  She is still in Karate and earned her red/black belt this year.  She is now working towards her black belt which hopefully she will achieve this goal in May of 2019.  In August we moved her to college.  She is in the business scholars program for her school and in October she went on a trip to Chicago with her class.  She is thinking of doing accounting or quantitative analysis.  She loves math.  She has had a great first semester, and is excited for all the possibilities the future holds for her.
Our Son has 4 months left to his church mission.  He has had a good year.  He has served the people of Tampico Mexico in many ways, from teaching the gospel, to teaching English classes, also giving service by cleaning yards and caring for the people who live in the areas he has lived in.  We are glad to have an actual date of return, April 1, 2019.  Once home he will work and then attend college for animation.
My Husband on his free time always has a friend with a car that needs repair and so he spends a lot of time with his friends doing car things.  He changed his old car from and automatic transmission to a 4 speed manual transmission in hopes that it will go faster. (or change the driving experience to be more fun as he says, which to me means faster.)  One thing not car related that he likes to do is go to Utah Lake and spend a relaxing evening with me, listening to the waves and watching the fish jump.  He also got to go surfing at an indoor surfing place this year in Provo Utah and we took a trip to California with my Brother and Sister in-law and they did a little surfing on that trip too.
I enjoy my job, I work most mornings doing the accounting for a really nice grocery store.  This summer I spent many of my days off visiting flower gardens, I enjoy being out in nature and the different gardens in the area are beautiful.  I also enjoy doing photography and was able to get many great photos and have put together a few photography books.  This winter I plan on learning more about the plants I photographed, I may take some free online botany classes.  I also planned lots of mini summer adventures for my husband and I to go on.  We had a lot of fun exploring Utah.  Another project for this winter is to plan out more adventures for the new year.  I really enjoyed seeing Utah and there is so much more to see.
Merry Christmas to you all, have a healthy and happy new year.  Be sure to make each day special.
From,
The Bowlby Family

No comments:

Post a Comment