Sunday, December 16, 2018

Mom of a Missionary. Emails from Mexico, December 3, 2018

Who is the dinosaur? I am the dinosaur.

Hello, Family and friends!
Quickie this week :) Don't have a lot of time.
Well, this week has certainly been very interesting. My first week as a district leader! I've been working hard to make phone calls, keep track of indicators, give lessons, and even plan divisions!! But WOAH, the other Elders are so RAD! They're way cooler than I am ðŸ˜…

My companion Elder Ramos and I are working H A R D!! We are giving it all we've got so that in these last transfers, we can find people to teach and baptize. I'm working towards the goal of baptizing a family... the one thing I haven't been able to do as of yet.

I love this area of Miramar. I'm constantly hearing and seeing freight trains in motion, theres sand everywhere, and there are even members I've known from last year in my ward! I'm happy to see them again.

Well, this is just to let you know that I'm working hard. I love you all! I miss you, and I hope you're all feeling the Christmas spirit. It's already DECEMBER!!

Here's a scripture that's helped me this week:
Ether 12:4
Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.  

Hope comes from faith. It helps us seek for a better future, because when we believe thet future will be better, we can MAKE it better.

Love you!

-Elder Bowlby

One thing you will typically realize is that my son's emails all seem so up beat and positive.  This email was what he calls his "Sugar Coated" email.  He actually had a very stressful incedent happen, of which I have not be given all the details and was not as happy as this email sounds.  We get a separate more real email.  I don't share them as they tend to be more private.   I'm glad to say that things did get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment