Saturday, December 22, 2018

Empty Nesters December 2018. First semester of college done, 117 days left of Mexico mission.

Brr...Baby It's Cold outside!  Here we are it's December and we are going to different light displays in Utah.  This is at Temple Square in Salt Lake City.  This is the first year that my feet have not become a brick of ice.  Why?  Because I was wearing my "J. Peterman" wool socks and duck boots.  This year has flown by and I am starting to look back and see if I have accomplished any of the goals I made at the beginning of the year.  I actually think I have.  I have gone on a ton of adventures with my husband.  I have actually lost 8 pounds this year.  I have hit the weight goal that I was trying to get to.  I finished my bug book in time to give it as a Christmas gift. I have started to get back into exercising every day and eating healthier.  I walked in the gardens every week that they were open and have tons of photos.
I am now starting to think about what my new year goals will be and trying to decided on a new focus for the year 2019.  I'm thinking of having a year of tidying up.
If you have never gone to see the lights at Temple Square you should go, they are beautiful.  Just realize that it will be packed with people.  We also went to the Luminaria at Thanksgiving Point.  That is also a beautiful light display, they even have areas that have scents too.  It is worth the money you pay to go.  I will do a post later with photos.
My winter focus is being cozy.  I love this Bella Grace magazine.  It has some great ideas for enjoying winter.  I look forward to trying some of the ideas.  
Our Daughter came home from college two weeks ago and we have been busy Christmas shopping.
We have gone to every mall near us.  If you want to see the tallest Christmas tree in Utah, you have
to go to the Traverse Outlets.  They have an 80 foot tall live Christmas tree.  Wow! 
 Our daughter had a great first semester in college.  She made some new friends and got excellent grades.  She is looking forward to her next semester as she has a lot of math classes, she loves math and she will be taking Japanese.  She is enjoying her break, resting, reading lots of books and snuggling with the kitty.  Today we will be baking Christmas goodies all day long.
Our son has 117 days left of his mission.  He will be coming home April 1,2019.  He is finally in an area near the ocean.  He is not allowed to go in the water though.  Which I'm glad for.  He is really enjoying the trains in the area.  I love his emails where he is talking about all the trains, as trains were a big part of his childhood.  We get our Christmas phone call, and I hope we actually get to video chat with him this time.  I am so ready to have him home.
We went to see the Great Salt Lake a few weeks ago.  It is just beautiful and quiet. My husband will be moving to a new department at his work after Christmas.  He has been working day shifts and Monday through Friday.  Now he will still be day shifts but back to the 12 hour shifts.  Which means he will have either a 3 or 4 day weekend.  I have to say that I like this as then we get to go on day adventures together and he also gets a day to hang out with his car friends.  He and his friends were able to finish their one friends car who is fighting the cancer battle.   It is wonderful that this car was finished and his friend gets to drive his car and enjoy it.  He had been working on it for 20 years.  I don't really think men with car projects ever really want to finish the project, I think they like to be out tinkering with the car.  I also think if the car gets finished there is another dream car project waiting to be done.
I like how the pool of water is like a mirror reflecting the mountain.  I'm glad for all the snow we have been getting this winter.  I hope we have a very snowy winter. 
Our little cat has had four good weeks since she was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Good weeks are ones where she is up and eating, and cuddling with us.  She will follow me around a little and keep me company.  I am thankful that she is still feeling well. 
Well I hope you are all enjoying the holiday season.  Hope you have a  happy and healthy New Year.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment