Sunday, January 21, 2018

Mom of a Missionary....E-Mails from Mexico...December 18,2017

Uh oh, CambiO's!
 here has been a very big change in my location today.

I am now located in Ciudad Victoria, much more north in Tamaulipas. I have officially been to both boundaries of the mission, the southernmost being San Felipe, and now in the northernmost Ciudad Victoria.

I hear it gets pretty cold here. I'm going to save up to buy a coat, perhaps. But right now, it's pretty hot.

It's really funny how everything worked out. We finally arranged everything with our house in Altamira, that being that both sides of the house had electricity, we got our fridge working again, and we both got really comfy...
And then they take us both out of the area and are replacing us with other missionaries. Elder Estrada and I parted ways this morning at 6:45 AM in the Tampico Bus Terminal.
My new companion is Elder Allred, and he's from the United States! He speaks really good spanish and is also from Utah. Two gringos together... what could go wrong?

I'm getting all moved in and I hope that there won't be too many problems. The christmas devotional for the mission is closing in, and also Christmas itself. It will be my first Christmas away from home.

Well, it's time to push forward and get to work. The Lord has plans for me, and while I don't know what they are, I hope I can become a better tool in his hands to bring forth the work.

General Conference: "I have a Work for Thee"
This talk helped me understand that every missionary (and everybody) has a divine purpose in the eyes of the lord. Whether and how we can fulfill this work is based upon how we submit ourselves to the will of God.

I love you all. Stay safe and warm. If I cannot mail the 25th, I wish you a very Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment