Sunday, January 21, 2018

Mom of a Missionary...E-Mails from Mexico....December 26, 2017

Feliz (tarde) Navidad!!
 Hello, Family and friends! Merry (LATE) Christmas!

Oops! Can you find me in this blurry photo?)​

Well, the past week has been quite the blur. I arrived in Ciudad Victoria in a nervous panic, I slowly adjusted to my surroundings and situations as we worked what little time we had up until the Christmas celebrations, a video call with my parents that barely worked (faulty camera 😕), and the celebrations yesterday. All in all, it was a very interesting week! I'm also starting to see a bit of progress in myself and that makes me happy.

In brief, the new area i'm in is very interesting. The streets appear to be as a network of spiderweb-entangling-confusion-on-top-of-hills and I'm utterly confounded as how to navigate it. Lots of dogs that are really I'm doing my best to augment and amplify my faith in the Lord so that we as missionaries can work miracles among the people. Small miracles at the least.


The Christmas Celebrations were really fun. We went to Tampico for a big get-together of Missionaries and we enjoyed a devotional alongside a bit of sweets, food, and little skits performed by the missionaries. This photo should describe everything.mean, and firecrackers go off every ten-or-so minutes. But man, is it cool!

(Even missionaries need to have a little fun every once in a while).

I participated a bunch and I had the satisfaction of hearing a room full of missionaries applaud after my group and I finished. It seems like "being recognized" was a Christmas Wish that came true, in a way! Now I just need to share that feeling with others. It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Yesterday, we had a day-long celebration where we joined together as a much smaller zone for a little Christmas break. We had surprise breakfast​, played games, had a gift exchange, and whacked a Piñata!
I recieved a book with coloreable Mandalas to keep myself relaxed... and BOXING GLOVES! (also to keep myself relaxed, hahaha).

And after all of it, here I am again, ready and refreshed to get out there and work.
Thank you for your Christmas wishes and your love! I'm grateful for your prayers, and I hope that all of you have had a wonderful Christmas and will have a happy New Year!!

I will see you on the first of 2018 because it's a monday.

Love you all, miss you loads!
-Elder Bowlby

We spent an hour talking to our son on Christmas Eve.  We were hoping to also see him when we skyped but his computer camera was not working.  Perhaps that was for the best, as we probably would have all been in tears by the end of the hour.  It was wonderful to talk to our son, hear his voice and have a moment with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment