Monday, February 19, 2018

Mom Of Missionary....e-mails from Mexico...January 1,2018

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!!


Hope you all out there are having a great new year and are on the way to new and happy beginnings! 2018! 

I myself have been enjoying the time out here in Mexico. Last night we did stay up until midnight (a big mistake because I woke up incredibly tired), and all the night long we heard fireworks and other things of the sort looooong into the night.

The past week has been incredibly interesting. The cold finally arrived in Victoria... and I wasn't prepared. Oops! I nearly froze there. Good thing I've aquired a few extra jackets. Now I'm not so cold. Whew!

One of the missionaries in our zone became incredibly sick and went to the hospital, and I was working in a different area for about three days! It was interesting to see the diferences in areas and how they worked.

I myself am doing alright. New years eve we had carne asada (basically very thin steaks) and today we had carnitas (glorious pork fat and piggy goodness).
I've also set a few goals for myself. I'm going to work hard to not die this year! (like I do every year, really). I'm also going to try and be more patient!

Thank you for your support and love these past 8 months! I'm working my way towards the half-way point, and I've got a full year to give to the Lord!

Love you and miss you loads!!

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment