Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Our Family Christmas Letter 2017



                                                          
                                                                          December 6,2017



Dear Family and Friends,
     I hope this letter finds you healthy, happy and enjoying the holiday season.  This year has gone by so fast and our little family has had many changes.  So here is a little of what is going on for each of us.


Gabrielle:  Our youngest is a senior, she is at the top of her class academically and is applying to colleges in Utah.  She wants to go to the University of Utah and study accounting and Asian studies.   She still is very active in Karate.  She teaches every Monday and Wednesday and then does her class after.  She just earned her Red/Black belt.  So now her training intensifies as the next belt is Black.  It takes about two years to achieve the black belt at this point.  This summer she took a trip to Washington D.C. to learn about our country’s national security.  She had thought she might want to go into law enforcement, but has found that that really isn’t what she is interested in.  One thing she does want to do is travel, so she is hoping in the future to do study abroad programs. 

Jacob:  Last year at this time Jacob received his Church mission call to Tampico Mexico.  This was something Jacob always said he would do.  While there was a lot of preparation involved,  on April 18th we dropped our Son off at the airport and tearfully watched him head out on his first adult adventure. He will be serving for two years.  Jacob is growing and learning about himself and he is also serving the people of Tampico Mexico.  He has been in two areas so far.  The first area he was in was San Felipe Mexico.  It was a very small village, that did not even have a big grocery store from the sounds of it.   He is now in Bosque Mexico.  He and his companion are helping to start a new part of the mission area.  While he is having good and bad weeks, from his emails I can tell that he is really enjoying this experience and that he is glad that he chose to serve a mission.  I believe he is learning many life lessons that he would not learn at college.  If you would like to read any of his e-mails just contact me and I can forward them to you.  If you would like to e-mail him let me know and I can give you his e-mail information. He sends out an e-mail to friends and family every Monday .   I am counting down the days when we actually get to talk to Jacob; as of right now all we get is a weekly e-mail. Christmas will be extra special as we get to video chat with him.


Kimberly:  I have been working at Harmons grocery store for almost two years.  I had been a front end supervisor; this spring they had an opening in their accounting department and I asked to be moved to that position.  I have had enough of being a supervisor.  I loved learning the accounting for the store and really enjoy this new job.  I work less with the customers and more with the money and numbers.   My new job has better hours and a lot less stress.  I have had a lot of free time to work on some of my hobbies and am putting together some photography books.  I am also planning some adventures for Jim

and I when we become empty nesters which is not that far away.  I think I’m like my daughter- I want to travel.  Even if it is just day trips, I’m ready to see more of the world around me.





Jim:  Right before Jacob left on his mission Jim changed jobs.  It wasn’t a planned change as he loved his previous job and the people he worked for, but it was and opportunity that came to him and was just too good to pass up.  Jim now works for Sun Products, which is the second biggest maker of household soap products.  He works graveyard shifts, and fixes their printing presses and other machines.  Graveyard shifts are hard to adjust to and making it a challenge for him time to get the sleep he needs, but he does get 3 days off one week and 4 days off the next week.  We get to spend a lot of time together on his days off.   The extra free time also allows him to work on his old car project and help his friends with their old cars too.   This winter he plans on getting the house organized as he thinks it will be too cold to work on his car.  Jim went with Gabrielle this summer to Washington D.C. and while she was doing her weeklong program he drove up to New Jersey to visit with family and friends.  We are grateful to everyone who let them stay at their houses and visit.  We are hoping they get another trip out this coming  year. 
 We hope you are all well and wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
From,
Jim, Kimberly, Jacob and Elle.




No comments:

Post a Comment