Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Mom of a Missionary....Emails from Mexico...October 9th...I Love It Here!

I love it here.....

 Hello my beloved family and friends! It's me, once again.

​First off, let me just say that I love it here. The area is super nice. We're an hour away from the shore (and sadly I can't go there) but who cares! The climate is super fresh and it just happens to be my favorite temperature. The houses are all so nice and the people are friendly and there are tons of cats running about. A ton of cats! Like, on every block there's a cat.


 And, oh yeah, there's actual supermarkets here.
I have plenty of food options. I'm also eating more eggs.


We're still living with the other missionaries as of right now, and all four of us eat together with the members. Everybody cooks really well out here.
We're constantly moving in between one area and the other. Our area is a north of Tampico, in Altamira. We have a lovely little place to work out there, and we are in the process of getting our new housing in order. I am so excited because I love where we are going to live.

We do not have a lot right now because we're in the process of helping the other Missionaries with their investigators. We're working our way towards our own proper bunch of people to help. It seems that a lot of people here have distanced themselves from their religious traditions... but they still believe in Jesus, which is good. Our job is to help them strengthen their faith.

I'm very grateful to hear that you are all doing well, and that you're moving forward day by day. Keep up the hard work! You are wonderful. God loves each and every one of you.

Your questions answered:
Q: Have you tried any new food?
A: Not anything too cultural, really. There was a member who served us delicious grilled steaks and they were fantastic.

Q: Is it a lot of work to open an area?
A: More or less. It would be less work if we had our house.

Q: Do you ever get to talk to Elder Curran?
A: We still communicate more or less. I recieve his weekly e-mails and read them to see how he is doing. He probably is reading this right now. Long time no see, Elder!

Q: Do you ever speak english?
A: It is encouraged that we help the missionaries who are native spanish speakers to speak english.

 Spiritual Thought :)

Cuidese Mucho 😎

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment