Sunday, December 17, 2017

Mom Of A Missionary...E-mails From Mexico...October 30th

Cinnamon-Flavored Skull-Shaped Cheetos


 ​Hello, Family and friends! It is I, Elder Bowlby once again. Felicidades.
Casi es día de los muertos aquí. Hay mucho pan dulce, muchas calaveras y esqueletos... incluso a estos cheetos! Son de sabor canela.

 ​Cinnamon flavored skull cheetos! I'm not lying to you! In fact, I'm keeping the bag so that way when I get back I can show everyone that yes these were a thing and they were real.

To be honest, this week was a strange rollercoaster. Lets get to it, shall we?

Lack of Money
Thank goodness that everything was resolved. We took a (cheaper) bus to the Mission office to ask what on earth was going on because apparently my companion and I were the only two missionaries in the whole mission to not recieve our alotted travel money for the transfer. Long story short we got our allotted funds and could sleep in peace knowing that we could finally afford the bus.
Also, please don't think I'm starving 😅 When I said there was nothing to eat I didn't mean we went without eating during the day. The members are very kind and there is a scheduled calendar when the members offer to give us a lunch... I am very grateful. I am certainly not losing weight either. If anything, It is a message to me to better manage my money! (Or, you know, stop living with another companionship of missionaries. Speaking of which...)

Small house, big problems

We were only supposed to live with the missionaries of Bosque 1 for about two weeks as by week 2 we were supposed to be moved into our new home. Unfortunately, there was a complication in the house we were going to rent and it was denied by the mission president.
It is now week 5 of the transfer, and we still haven't been able to move out. In fact, it doesn't appear there are any houses for rent in our new area. Well, nothing safe at least.




​(The only house for rent in our area. No windows! 😧)
Sometimes I wonder why the food runs out so fast and then I remember that there are four missionaries in our house. At least we get along well and sleep good!



It actually got cold?¿?
We've been experiencing a cold front here. A very bizarre cold front. Nothing winter-jacket worthy, but it's enough to say... "Hey, it's cold!"
It's very nice. A break from the normal monotony of endless heat and sunburn. There's just one issue.

EnfermedadesWith the sudden temperature change basically everybody in the house has a cold and that's a load of fun but also a part of life. Just because I'm a missionary doesn't mean I won't get the common cold!
My companion got the worst of it. It was the first time sick in all of his thirteen months as a missionary, and he was struck pretty badly. He was ordered to stay in bed for two days.

Other strange eventsIn short, this week has been far from normal. But that's okay! It's part of life. Get closer to the Savior and he can help you through whatever challenge you face.
Stay faithful.

-Elder Bowlby​

No comments:

Post a Comment