Friday, December 1, 2017

Mom of a Missionary...Emails from Mexico...He's been transfered... October 2nd...

Out of the jungle and into the Bosque

 Good afternoon, my dear friends and family! Surprise. It's me!


There were transfers today. I have been assigned to open a new area (or rather, help divide an area in two) in the Colonia Bosque, in CIUDAD TAMPICO!!

That's right, finally, i'm in Tampico. Well, at least a portion of it. I don't have the rights to access all of the city, but hey, I finally have the opportunity to go to an actual supermarket. Who cares if I can´t go to walmart? At least I can, like, choose to eat something other than corn pops.

Bosque is apparently a very big area, so for that reason, they are dividing it into two areas. My new companion, Elder Estrada, will be opening the area Bosque 2 with me. We don't have a house yet, so we're sleeping with other missionaries until something can be arranged. The beach is sadly, not part of our area, but who cares, really. I still get a beachy vibe from the area and the climate. Woo-hoo!

The members of San Felipe were sad to see me go, but I know I'll see them again in the future.

Packing my suitcases seems to get harder each time. I'm sorta frightened for what will happen once I start accumulating art books. I already have five. Three filled, one on the way, and one empty. I might just have to start carrying a box of extra things around (something I hope doesn't have to happen).

Who knows.

Well. I'm excited for the new transfer, and I'm most certainly excited for what lies ahead. Thank you all for your E-mails (and especially the photos aaaaaaaaah!). I'll be sure to send photos to all of you when I have the opportunity to take them (which I'm sure I will have.)

While I don't have a spiritual thought in mind, I would like to invite you all to watch the following talk given on the Saturday Morning Session of General Conference. Elder Holland's talk really spoke to me, and I'm awaiting the transcription of this talk in English so that I can pick up anything that I missed. (Keep in mind I watched and listened to every single talk in Spanish).
Saturday Morning Session: Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

I also have a bunch of doodles that I will be sending off to you in the following E-mail.

Oh yeah! It's also October.
I also have a bunch of doodles that I will be sending off to you in the following E-mail.

While there's no celebrating halloween persay in Mexico, I eagerly await November for Día de los Muertos. In the meantime, enjoy the following photos I

 tookEscalofriante!

Nos Vemos la próxima semana, mis queridos! Cuidese Mucho.

-Elder Bowlby.

No comments:

Post a Comment