Thursday, December 4, 2014

# Throw Back Thursday.... The Hunt for the Perfect Christmas tree

Every year the weekend after Thanksgiving my family went on the great Christmas tree hunt.
When we visited with my children we also went out to find the perfect Christmas tree.

My parents always looked for a tall fat tree... I think my kids found a perfect one here.  I really like short fat trees.
Sometimes the little kids get lost in the tree forest.  I think my mom just found the lost Christmas tree hunter.
One year she not only got lost, but she also sunk down to her knees in mud...
Once the perfect tree is picked, Dad cuts it down and we help carry it to the car.  Sometimes depending on which farm you go to you also get a ride in a wagon.  And there are treats like hot apple cider and donuts.
I really hope that this year my husband will take me and the kids along to pick our Christmas tree.  I'm not sure why he feels he has to go out and pick it on his own.  I would really like to be a part of that.  And I'm hoping for a Short, Fat, Tree. 
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment