Tuesday, December 23, 2014

# I'm not ready for Christmas....But I'm ready for Christ.....

The question of the week is "Are you ready for Christmas?"  And I am totally not ready for Christmas this year.  Here is our tree that finally had lights put on it late Sunday night.   It has been up since December 12th, but my husband had to go to New Jersey to visit his father who has been ill, and so nothing got done with it since then.  Basically because I know my husband has to put the lights on himself or he gets all stressed out. I left the tree for him.  I think visiting a sick family member and keeping the peace with decorating are more important than a decorated tree.  I did tell the kids who are teens that they could decorate the tree yesterday and they chose not too.
We do have one ornament on the tree...This little owl I bought to tease the cat.  She has tried to attack it a few times.


The stockings are hung, but I have yet to wrap any presents.  Christmas eve I think my job will be to wrap things,  I'm hoping I'll have the energy and enough wrapping paper.
I have not sent all my Christmas cards out...I have not baked the cookies, I did eat all the peanut butter cups that were supposed be part of the cookies...
So if you ask if I'm ready for Christmas....The answer is no....But in thinking about it...I am ready for Christ.
If Christ knocked on my door....I would be able to stop and visit...I would be ready to listen to him and not worry if my house looked good enough or not.
I'm ready to begin a new year, to focus on learning more about my Savior and becoming closer to him...I am ready to be a "Mary" instead of a busy "Martha".  I'm looking forward to building up the people I work with, and caring for my family and friends.  I'm ready to go to the Temple often and to find ways to spread peace and Joy.
So I may not be ready for Christmas this year....But I know I'm ready for Christ....And isn't that really what matters?
G.G.
He Is The Gift  #Share the Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment