Tuesday, December 2, 2014

My Retail Therapy: What I like about Christmas day 2

Yesterday I had to repeat a few times Cinnamon Scented Pine Cones at work....As people wanted to complain that they were not being helped fast enough, and somehow we were to blame for their sore back and feet..Or that we knew about this and had purposely made the lines long...

Today it is "Life Savers" candy books.  This brings me back to 3rd grade.  We had a live Christmas tree in the class room.  We all picked one students name from a hat that we would buy a present for.  The teacher gave us all these Life Saver Candy books as part of her present to us.  It was so much fun.  I don't think they even have "Christmas" parties in schools anymore, and a real Christmas tree I think that would not be allowed either.  So I have to say I'm thankful for my childhood memories.

I'm bringing the boxes of candy into work, I give out little "Life Saver" treats to employees that come in on their day off, or stay late because someone else is running late.  They are my "Life Savers"  Because without them I'd have a lot more tired and cranky people yelling at me about lines.  Believe me we understand about the lines, we don't want people waiting in them, but we can't control the fact that people call out, or are late or all the other things that create lines during the holidays.  Our legs and backs are sore too, our brains are a bit tired from working longer shifts and having fewer days off.  So please be a little more patience with the retail worker this holiday season.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment