Tuesday, December 9, 2014

My Retail Therapy: Days 4,5,6,7,8,and 9

When you work retail and you hear the song "It's the most wonderful time of the year" play you just want to laugh.  Oh the week I've had, I never in my life would think of cursing at strangers but boy Christmas seems to bring the bad language out. I think people forget that everyone is out trying to buy those special items, it does not matter what time you go shopping you will end up in a line.  But I've been doing really well I have not felt an inner "Grinch" wanting to come out yet.  When those customers leave I think of my list, of my favorite holiday things....
#4.. Singing Christmas Hymns at Church.  That is always a favorite with me.
#5.. Helping others, I gave a friend of my son's a ride home and found a persons lost purse (Pocketbook).
#6. The letter my son is writing as Santa's Elf for English class that will be given to a 2nd grader.
#7. Driving home by some awesome Christmas displays...If you live by Draper Utah you need to see the Draper Park Christmas light display it is so beautiful.
#8. Memories of Christmas past...I've seen a lot of toys I bought for my kids when they were young I'm so tempted to buy some little silly thing for each of them.  We had the craziest conversation about playing Candy Land the other night.
#9.  Going to Christmas Concerts.  My Son's Concert was wonderful tonight and the great thing was they did it twice so families could come at different times if needed.  So I got to listen to it twice and it was just wonderful.  They had the choir, orchestra, Band, Jazz band, Wind symphony and most of all it was all Christmas Songs...My favorite Christmas songs!  What a wonderful night!
Well what are some of your favorite things??
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment